Tuesday, October 14, 2008

sightRIZE Questions Co$$


sightRIZE: First could you tell us a bit about yourself for other listeners to get a bit on your bio?
Co$$: Im 24, from Leimert Park, Los Angeles...Been rhyming for 10 years, rhyming seriously for about 5.....Im affliated with Blu and Taraach, Sene out of Brooklyn, and DJ exile...I'm a loyal westcoast repres enative, north and south coast cali..my music is what I call "socially street"...Im not a concious emcee, but Im not a backpacker either...somewhere inbetween gangster and revolutionary..I'm very reclusive, I don't do big crowds unless I'M doing shows...I just want to bring back that raw westcoast hiphop that I feel the game is missing.....
sightRIZE: Whats the best part about rappin?
Co$$:Being able to express myself through a rt....It's like stress relief everytime I write or spit a rhyme....
sightRIZE: How do you feel about the state of HipHop today?
Co$$: Not very good....I feel hopeful, but right now I'm not very inspired or impressed by most of the new shit dropping, to much style biting, not enough innovation...no offense to any new or established emcee doing their thing.....
sightRIZE: Growing up what were your hobbies?
Co$$: Rhyming, haha...I been rhyming since 14....Hanging out with thugs was also another hobby, haha...I played sports, mainly basketball, or should I say only basketball, haha....I used to collect N ightwing comic books as well...I was a only child so I had to entertain myself....
sightRIZE: What is a song of yours that you are most proud of?
Co$$:These are the days has to be my favorite song...I captured the way I was feeling at the time perfectly and put it into rhymes, I usually struggle to convey my emotion through rhyme.....
sightRIZE: I see that you are friends with Sene and Blu, are there any projects we should look for between you guys?
Co$$:actually, Look out for a collaboration project with Shawn Jackson and I after my solo release....I do not want t o say too much but it's going to be a major move for westside lyricism.....Blu will be involved as well....
sightRIZE: What is the biggest influence on your music?
Co$$:Life experience...What I've been through and will go through will always shape what I rhyme about....It's all about perspective in my opinion.....
sightRIZE: Do you have any favorite artists and why?
Co$$:My favorite artist is Blu....Just because I have witnessed h is growth first hand, musically and career wise....He inspires me to be my own emcee, because he is his....I'm also a fan of J-electronica, Plex rock, elzhi, Taraach, Shawn Jack, and every emcee with his own style, haha...
sightRIZE: Well through your music, I feel that you are a wise dude, would you like to drop some knowledge for our blog through a quote?
Co$$:uhhh, let's see,
"this is a lesson that I learned from mistakes, LEARN FROM MISTAKES"
"YOU get a chance when you earn you a place".....
sightRIZE: Anything you'd like to end with?
Co$$:thanks for reaching out, and please support the music, I have a mixtape dropping late december entitled "THE Coss edition" and my lp "before I awoke" will be dropping in may on tres records, so fuck wit ya boi, cop the records!!!!

No comments: