Sunday, April 25, 2010

I finally got to explain myself.

My good friend got to sit down and ask me a buncha questions for his project. I feel like this is something people hafta understand before they assume things about me.

1. Introduce yourself..

Just an average individual trying to do average things that please my interests, nothing special.

2. What are some of your hobbies?

I’ve been heavily into hip-hop and clothing for as long as I can remember through high school. Lately I’ve really been exploring aspects of photography. On the side, I like to write as well.

3. What is your blog about?

Hip-Hop , journalism, photo, lifestyle, events.

4. When and Why did you start it?

My blog really started as a joke. I was sitting down in Singapore over summer bored out of my mind. I called my good friend, Kyle and we decided to build something. I got a few interviews from some music artists and we decided to make a more professional redesign. Ever since then it’s just been going.

5. What are your plans with it for the future?

I’d like to make a magazine, well I’m in the process of it right now. I’d also like to expand my photography skill and hopefully get enough equipment for a low-key, trashy garage studio.

6. Tell me about your magazine…

I got sick of the blog after a while and really wanted to take things to the next level. I still blog but I think it’s time to raise the standards. Even if I can only supply enough effort for one issue, it’s something I’d definitely want to do.

7. Will it be for sale? If so, where at?

My goal is to hopefully get 100 in print. It’ll be online as well to order as a hard copy. Most likely 50-60 will go away to the friends, and I hope to sell 40 at a more professional level.

8. What notable names have you interviewed in the past?

Honestly speaking, high names were not in my agenda. The people at the top of the music industry right now are not the most talented and impossible to reach, so why bother? Some of the bigger underground people are probably rappers Blu, Donny Goines. The clothing brand Adapt Advancers.

9. Tell me about your photography…

To be honest with you, I consider myself terrible! It’s just a fun way to express myself.

10. Do you plan to be a photographer someday?

As cool as that’d be, I don’t think it’s possible. I wouldn’t work well under pressure and don't have talent in the subject.

11. What kind of style of clothing do you prefer?

If I’m wearing a graphic tee it has to have a concept of some sort to hip-hop culture. Lately, I prefer more of a mature style like Banana Republic and such stores.

12. Who are some of your favorite music artists/genre(s)?

I really don’t listen to anything out of hip-hop much. Favorite underground artists are Blu, Cyne. In the mainstream, I like Mos Def and Talib Kweli.

13. What hot trends do you see happening now and for the future?

I see the hype constantly shifting. Recently was on hip-hop culture, which was irritating because it was impossible to differentiate who actually likes and knows the culture from who thinks its just cool to be on the current hype.

14. Do you plan on attending college? If so, which one?

I do plan on attending college. I’m not quite sure in where yet. In general I feel the whole high school system is messed up beyond the point of description. I’d like to do extensive research to make sure the college I go to is in fact a good college and in no way like the current high school education system.

15. What will be your major?

If I find what I’m good at by that time I’ll pursue it.

16. Do you have a partner(s) in your ventures?

My good friend Kyle Casipit has been down since day one. Everyone that’s ever given me the slightest bit of support I appreciate as well.

17. If people want to learn about your ventures, how can they do so?

You can always check the blog, www.bridginthegap.blogspot.com or talk to me in person.

18. If you had to pick one, which would it be?

Probably a magazine, it’s been a dream of mine for a while.

19. Where will you be in 10 years?

My guess is as good as yours. Although, it would be nice to have a simple place in New York or San Francisco. I’m not out to try to chase extravagance, I’d rather be enjoying whatever I do.

No comments: