Monday, August 25, 2008

Beautiful. Glorious. Fuck It, You Pick A Adjective!

Many of my friends may know I have transferred schools and now go to a different high school.
In a way I am happy to get away from all the poser and bullshit that happens at my old school. But I can't say im not gonna miss my two best friends.
I feel like I have dedicated my whole life to HipHop and it really doesn't seem to pay off so far all its doing is burning a hole in my pocket.
When Muh'Fuckas was out hanging, I was out buying albums.
It seemed like I had no life for a while but nobody knows what this means to me.
People Were Wondering Why?
Because to me HipHop is beautiful. It is an art. Its a culture. Its fascinating.
I started with two albums, Little Brother- The Minstrel Show and Supastition- Chain Letters.
After this I could successfully say that I had fallen in love for the first time. I had never felt this good before.
Its like they were teaching me life lessons through rhymes and beats.
I could now say I had found what I was looking for, I had fell in love for the first time.
After my first albums it triggered something, I found myself trying to buy a album as often as I can.
My collection expanded. My knowledge was greater.
The more I pondered along HipHop the more I loved it.
Then just last year I hit a big downside. I had figured out about this game of posers.
Posers who put HipHop in a web of lies.
The clothing of HipHop, all the brands are a culture. Theres no hiding it.
But lately people who dont know HipHop are wearing shit like this. Why?!
Im questioning myself.
They try to fit in into a world they aren't.
I hate posers because I feel they take away from lifestyle. Iv spent countless of hours just looking through CD's for a good dig. Trying to find a certain in hundreds of CD's. What have they done?
Taken away from the culture. It kills me to see posers.
As I left my old school I will cherish the memories I left behind. And dwell at what I see today.
A school filled with kids going for brands not HipHop. Sadly to say at my old school they killed great brands like The Hundreds and TRUE by just being posers more importantly I feel like they take a part of my lifestyle away.
I know joy because I felt the pain. I found joy in HipHop. They found joy in HipHop clothing.
There is a big difference.
HipHop and HipHop clothing go hand in hand.
Clothing alone when you dont know shit is wack. I mean why try it?
HipHop is beautiful no matter what happens to it. But these are some of the things that take away from the lifestyle.
If you wanna go down this path like me and plenty others did, then you have to face some consequences such as having to see posers every day ripping your hard earned knowledge out. Being broke as fuck all the time.
I hate some of the things about hiphop but in the end I can't complain cause its all worth it.
"You Need Some Soul Searching The Time Is Now" -Nas

No comments: