Monday, September 21, 2009

Dunk Exchange SF 9.20.09






















This was my first DXC, the homey Kyle is a vet now with 4 on the board. Haha.
I hate to be so critical, but my first DXC will be my last DXC. Unless something crazy is happening.
Not my thing whatsoever. I came for newspaper. Nothing more.
I like sneakers, I enjoy appreciating collections of connoisseur who have racked up an insane amount of kicks over the years. Shout out to the real sneakerheads at DXC, you know the ones with jobs?
The rest were a bunch of kids in high school just as I am. You can't be in high school and have 20 pairs of $100+ sneakers. Its irrational as hell.
One thing that agitates me is immaturity. When I see kids my age jobless, spending 200+ on sneakers with their parents bills, I think what the hell is going on with this world?
My mom too intended to give me a bill so I can enjoy myself at DXC cause she knows I dig this type of culture. But I feel that there's practicalities in life. I didn't need shoes as it was, and I would rather give the hard earned money back to my family. Sure, there was temptation everywhere, but I would like to stand on my own two and say I bought these kicks myself.
The kids there were all acting like clowns. Being obnoxious. You just had to be there to see it.
I would rather spend money where it matters on friends, fam, supporting good music, charity. There, I know money is going to a good cause, rather then some kicks on my feet that are gonna end up getting beat in a year. Shoes and clothes, yeah they're coo they can be replaced/traded/sold, friends and fam that's love, indestructible in all aspects.
I enjoyed DXC because it was interesting getting to see people that are truly dedicated to sneakers, but the kids my age were straight stupid.
Anyway, the only thing I ended up buying was an Adapt tee from the dude Evan at Adapt, cause it was dope and you gotta support good people.
What made my day was watching Hopie SpitsHard kill the stage with a energetic performance. If you haven't copped "The Diamond Dame" yet do so soon, you're missing out. Pictures above, having trouble choosing which one to put in newspaper!

No comments: