Thursday, September 17, 2009

GooooodMusic.

Been MIA for a minute, Junior year's catchin' up with me finally. APBio and Honors English FTL. But at least I'm finally gettin' my act together and attending school, studying and such. Anyway..
For those that may not know.
My picks.
Best Music Today.
Blu, everybody knows he's my favorite. Am I biased? No, its not my fault that every acquisition of Blu that I have ever made to my library has been on an unrestrained scale of quality, dude is off the charts. Some of you still may not have heard "Below The Heavens", The Blu&Exile project. And if you are one of them, you're sleeping on the greatest hip-hop album of all time. No hyperbole there, the album takes you to a utopia on the far side of your head. Blu has the highest caliber virtuoso out of any artist in the game today.
http://z.about.com/d/rap/1/0/O/R/-/-/Blu.jpg
Blu
Next, arguably the most intricate group in hip-hop today, CYNE. I take that back, its not up for debate, CYNE has me pondering for hours on end after I throw one of their albums in my 94Altima. My car has 250,000 miles on it. Can't go past 70 without a rattling noise in the engine. A stereo system that makes a horrendous sound every time I make a courageous attempt to crank the volume. As fortunate as I am to inherit my extended families old car, their album is the only thing that makes my drive bearable. Listening to Cise's+Akin's flow blessing on the tracks with Speck+Enoch beats to match.
http://www.xlr8r.com/files/podcasts/thumbnails/cyne_main_thumb.jpg
Cyne
Imma go with Pac Div next, these guys are impeccably talented. They are well on their way to break into the mainstream with all the light being shed upon them nowadays. When I first heard "Church League Champions" I was blown away by the amount of wordplay in all their songs. They are the one of the few groups that have the ability to not let words play them, but instead play with words which are so complex, its almost dauntingly crafted when you hear a line like, "I used to drive the Honda til it ran outta gas now imma push this E till it run outta class, Whiplash." Pac Div is the future!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEghiyY_f5WzJgecVKks7j-m4WzsdqxEfHu-y83wowTqSeY3u542o66VlzXCuF9x_TTwGuLkOZ4sSZG2wTvjUiwChUILuH6UJuUzVkNip0t-UEh4lNggcYSHCYFfOVr1miF3Xu_uYiCFpw4/s400/PacDiv.jpg
Pac Div.
Also, there's one additional rapper I'd like to include, HopieSpitsHard. People immediately discriminate against female rappers right off the bat, assuming that the most plausible personality of a female rapper is a person that uses sex appeal to sell. Because of all the skewed facts being drawn into the ignorant community, a lot of people turn their heads when they hear of female rappers. Those of you that think like that are ignorant. Females can spit too. HipHop is for everybody. To me, good music is good music. No matter what race, gender, face, if its good its good. HopieSpitsHard makes good music, that's all that matters. Not whether shes a man or woman. Which is why you should drop the stereotypical nonsense and get with something a little more progressive. She's an intellectual rapper who can spit raw rhymes in a cunning, cagy type fashion. End of story.
http://www.netweed.com/prohiphop/graf2/hopie-spitshard.jpg
HopieSpitsHard
Other music you should check out; Fashawn, Kero One, Dr.Syntax, All Natural, Aloe Blacc, Convinced, Crown City Rockers. Oh and just thought I'd add MFDOOM-"Born Like This" is fire, and Reflection Eternal is coming back again! :D


No comments: